Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Duffy <du...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/21 21:28:49 UTC

MBeanServer Failure

I'm running Tomcat 4.1.24 as a service on W2K and JDK
1.4.1.

I'm trying to set up a Web application with a data
source that I'm configuring in the context and web.xml
files.  I'm deploying using Ant and the Cataline Ant
tasks.  I've asked for and gotten a context-specific
log file, so I can see that the JNDI lookup for the
data source is being created.

However, my application cannot connect to the
database.  I can do it with a Java desktop application
and JDBC, so I know the parameter values should be
alright.

When I got to the Tomcat administrator app to check on
available data sources I get HTTP 500 errors.  When I
look in the admin log, I see that the following
exception was thrown:

javax.servlet.UnavailableException: MBeanServer is not
available

Why can't I run the admin app?  Does this have
anything to do with my data source being unavailable?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks - MOD