Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/07 12:46:49 UTC

[ApacheDS] Separating ContextFactoryService from JNDI package.

Hi all,

Both JNDI factory and actual ApacheDS core logic (ContextFactoryService) is
located in the same package 'jndi'.

I feel we can simply separate ContextFactoryService from jndi package and
pull it up to org.apache.ldap.server package because it is the most core in
ApacheDS-core. And we could rename ContextFactoryService to DirectoryService
or ApacheDirectoryService which doesn't contain confusing 'Context' as I
specified DIREVE-273, http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIREVE-273/.

WDYT?

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/

Re: [ApacheDS] Separating ContextFactoryService from JNDI package.

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Trustin Lee wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Both JNDI factory and actual ApacheDS core logic
>> (ContextFactoryService) is located in the same package 'jndi'.
>>
>> I feel we can simply separate ContextFactoryService from jndi package
>> and pull it up to org.apache.ldap.server package because it is the
>> most core in ApacheDS-core.  And we could rename ContextFactoryService
>> to DirectoryService or ApacheDirectoryService which doesn't contain
>> confusing 'Context' as I specified DIREVE-273,
>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIREVE-273/.
>

> +1 : DirectoryService sounds good!

Same here, +1.  This rename/reorg is a nice touch.

Enrique

Re: [ApacheDS] Separating ContextFactoryService from JNDI package.

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Trustin Lee wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Both JNDI factory and actual ApacheDS core logic
> (ContextFactoryService) is located in the same package 'jndi'.
>
> I feel we can simply separate ContextFactoryService from jndi package
> and pull it up to org.apache.ldap.server package because it is the
> most core in ApacheDS-core.  And we could rename ContextFactoryService
> to DirectoryService or ApacheDirectoryService which doesn't contain
> confusing 'Context' as I specified DIREVE-273,
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIREVE-273/.

+1 : DirectoryService sounds good!

Alex