Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by steven <du...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/17 21:50:26 UTC

xerces with gcc on windows xp

hi,
im using xerces with gcc compiler on windows xp(cygwin).
i'm a java developer, but im not that familiar with c++.
can somebody show me a small example on writing a c++ string object
from a XMLCh string( if fiesable).
i will try meanwhile to work on it, maybe i'll end up with something.
thanks
steven

Re: xerces with gcc on windows xp

Posted by Suzy Creamcheese <di...@yahoo.com>.
The samples packages provide these simple classes for transcoding strings

class StrX
{

public:

    StrX(const XMLCh * const toTranscode) :
      l(XMLString::transcode(toTranscode))
    {
    }

    ~StrX(void)
    {
        XMLString::release(&l);
    }

    inline const char * local(void) const
    {
        return l;
    }

private:

    char * l;

};

class XStr
{

public:

    XStr(const char * const toTranscode) :
      u(XMLString::transcode(toTranscode))
    {
    }

    ~XStr(void)
    {
        XMLString::release(&u);
    }

    inline const XMLCh * unicode(void) const
    {
        return u;
    }

private: