Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Robert Buck <rb...@mathworks.com> on 2002/06/19 15:52:04 UTC

Follow up Question: When Will Xerces-C Provide .NET project files ???

Thanks for all your comments in the "Re: Will Xerces-C Support Visual
Studio .NET ???" thread. I agree with everything you all said.

Here at MathWorks we have automated build, test, and packaging systems.
Nearly everything is in source control in one form or another.  Many times
third-party tools & products are just checked into source control in binary
form. If there are any required changes to the third-party product, then we
are stuck with dropping the source code in, and building it using said systems.

At The MathWorks we are moving to .Net soon. When this happens we will need
some strategy for handling Xerces. If Xerces provides .NET project files in
this next release, life is very easy for me. If not, life is much more
difficult for me.

Will .NET project files be provided with the next release so that I do not
have to create perl scripts to modify / create .NET project files on the fly?

Bob