Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Al Byers <by...@automationgroups.com> on 2007/07/30 17:37:25 UTC

Need java lesson

I am working on a custom event handler and view handler, but I did not want
to have to commit them to the core until they were farther along. I tried
building an org.ofbiz.webapp.event directory in my hot-deploy/<custom>
directory, but when it runs, the log file says that it cannot load that
class. It does not work if I change the package and directory to something
else.

The error is thrown in the EventFactory.loadEventHandler:
Exception: org.ofbiz.webapp.event.EventHandlerException
Message: Cannot load handler class [com.somecompany.granite.WfsEventHandler]
(com.somecompany.granite.WfsEventHandler)
---- stack trace
org.ofbiz.webapp.event.EventHandlerException: Cannot load handler class [
com.hotwaxmedia.granite.WfsEventHandler] (
com.hotwaxmedia.granite.WfsEventHandler)
org.ofbiz.webapp.event.EventFactory.loadEventHandler(EventFactory.java:113)
org.ofbiz.webapp.event.EventFactory.preLoadAll(EventFactory.java:68)
org.ofbiz.webapp.event.EventFactory.<init>(EventFactory.java:55)
org.ofbiz.webapp.control.RequestHandler.init(RequestHandler.java:75)

Everything works fine if I move the files into the webapp/event and
webapp/view dirs.
What is it that I don't understand about class loading?
Thanks,
-Al

Re: Need java lesson

Posted by Brett Palmer <br...@gmail.com>.
Al,

Further down the stack is there a "class not found" error or some
other kind of error?

When you say, "Everything works fine if I move the files into the
webapp/event and
webapp/view dirs".  What are you putting into those directories (i.e.
a jar file)?

Is it possible that you have another Jar file of the same name that is
loaded after your custom one?

Brett