Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills)" <am...@deloitte.com> on 2006/11/01 20:57:40 UTC

Multi-module site is not working

Hi, I define the following in the parent project.
<distributionManagement>
		<site>
		    <id>x</id>
    		    <url>x</url>
		</site>
</distributionManagement>
<modules>
	<module>a</module>
	<module>b</module>
</modules>

When I run mvn site-deploy on the parent project, the site for the
parent project gets generated.  The modules get listed,  but when I
click on the modules' links, their sites are not present.  I tried
appending ${project.artifactId} to the url, but that did not work
either.  Each module declares the parent project as its parent.  Please
help if you may.

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]

Re: Multi-module site is not working

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
I think you might be missing the index page is all:

Make sure you have this in your reports section:

            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-project-info-reports-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>2.0.1</version>
                <reportSets>
                    <reportSet>
                        <reports>
                            <report>dependencies</report>
                            <report>dependency-convergence</report>
                            <report>project-team</report>
                            <report>cim</report>
                            <report>mailing-list</report>
                            <report>index</report>
                            <report>summary</report>
                        </reports>
                    </reportSet>
                </reportSets>
            </plugin>

--

Thanks

DJ MICK
http://www.djmick.com
http://www.myspace.com/mickknutson

Re: Multi-module site is not working

Posted by shinsato <ha...@shinsato.com>.
This might be useful to others in the same quandry.  When I deleted the <url>
tag in the pom.xml files of the sub-projects, the generated URL's would
work.  But they did not point to the correct locations.  I suspect it might
be something you can fix with the site descriptor, but the site mojo
documentation is incomplete.

Re: Multi-module site is not working

Posted by Alexandre Russel <al...@russel.fr>.
On Wednesday 01 November 2006 20:57, Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills)
wrote:
> Hi, I define the following in the parent project.
> <distributionManagement>
> 		<site>
> 		    <id>x</id>
>     		    <url>x</url>
> 		</site>
> </distributionManagement>
> <modules>
> 	<module>a</module>
> 	<module>b</module>
> </modules>
>
> When I run mvn site-deploy on the parent project, the site for the
> parent project gets generated.  The modules get listed,  but when I
> click on the modules' links, their sites are not present.  I tried
> appending ${project.artifactId} to the url, but that did not work
> either.  Each module declares the parent project as its parent.  Please
> help if you may.
If you got one, try to delete it.
Do you have any site created for the modules, even at the wrong place ?
alex