Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Steven Wu <st...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/22 00:19:34 UTC

is 3.5.0-rc1 client compatible with 3.4.6 server?

I need to use the new feature of ZOOKEEPER-1355
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1355>
zk.updateServerList(newServerList) that is only available in 3.5 release at
client side. But our server is still at 3.4.6. do you seen any issues with
using 3.5 client with 3.4 server ?

Thanks,
Steven

Re: is 3.5.0-rc1 client compatible with 3.4.6 server?

Posted by Steven Wu <st...@gmail.com>.
this is running in cloud/aws env. During zookeeper server push, I need to
call updateServerList with the same list of hostnames. The purpose is to
refresh the resolved private IP even though hostname or public IP is still
the same.

I am trying to get some confirmation regarding general usage of 3.5 client
with 3.4 server.

Posted by Alexander Shraer <sh...@gmail.com>.