Posted to dev@knox.apache.org by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org> on 2017/11/21 16:55:44 UTC

Release 0.14.0 Status

All -

I have identified a couple other blockers for this release and they are
delaying the creation of a new RC.

Pac4J is becoming more and more important as KnoxSSO is being used more.

* KNOX-1119 is intended to acquire a meaningful identity attribute from the
resulting UserProfile rather than just the ID. This is especially important
for the indirect authentication clients in pac4j such as SAML, OAuth,
OpenID.

* KNOX-1120 is intended to complete the migration to pac4j 2.1.0 which
should include eliminating the use of ConfigSingleton class which makes it
difficult to have multiple pac4j protected topologies in the same instance
- as they step on each other.

I expect these to take a few days to resolve and am hoping to get a new RC
spin up by the end of the week.

Thanks,

--larry

Re: Release 0.14.0 Status

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.
All -

Open JIRAs for 0.14.0 are down to a couple doc issues.
I have started to spin a new RC.

Please hold off on any commits to the v0.14.0 branch at this point.

I will announce the RC availability for testing once it is ready.

thanks,

--larry

Re: Release 0.14.0 Status

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.