Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael Scheidell <sc...@secnap.net> on 2009/01/22 17:51:34 UTC

SAs vbounce and autolearn

Just found out why, all of a sudden, users who never got blocked, now
are getting blocked.

Christmas, these brilliant people set up 'I am out of the office'
messages, which spamassassin 'vbounce' sees as a 'bounce'.
(seriously, is a OOO backscatter?)

if you don't set tflags noautolearn on your vbounce scoring rules, then
when the luser gets back from grandmas house and sends you an email, it
get scored really high.

Did I miss something in the documentation? or didn't I just think it
through?

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
Phone: 561-999-5000, x 1259
 > *| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

    * Certified SNORT Integrator
    * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008
    * Information Security Award 2008, Info Security Products Guide
    * CRN Magazine Top 40 Emerging Security Vendors
    * Finalist 2009 Network Products Guide Hot Companies

Re: SAs vbounce and autolearn

Posted by Michael Scheidell <sc...@secnap.net>.
99 too high???  :-[

(amavisd as a 'bounce_killer_score' that is 100 in the
amavisd.conf-dist).  does something similar.

Posted by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org>.