Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2007/08/30 14:55:01 UTC

[ApacheDS][Release] Requesting that PMC consider expedited 36 hr vote for 1.5.1

Hi PMC,

NOTE: I put this out there on the dev list purposely so all can see.

This is a special request to the PMC to keep the voting period down to 36
hrs instead of
72 for the 1.5.1 release.  It is an exceptional condition and this is not
something we will get
into a habit of doing. I am asking this for several reasons:

 o We have a tight release schedule
 o Most of us will be traveling and need a quick conclusion to the vote so
we may be present to
    release the artifacts properly
 o If there is a blip that requires fixes followed by another release vote,
then we will still have a
    chance at making this all happen in time for LDAP con.
 o This is a feature introduction release (NOT a production release)
 o Most of the binding voters are going to be release artifact testers who
are diligently testing
    installers, servers and apps as we speak: so waiting on them to test the
goods is not an
    issue.

Can we get a majority of the PMC to quickly +1 (approve) this request?

Thanks,
Alex

Re: [ApacheDS][Release] Requesting that PMC consider expedited 36 hr vote for 1.5.1

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
+1 for a 36 hours voting period instead of the standard 72 hours period.

P-A

Posted by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Ersin Er
http://www.ersin-er.name

Re: [ApacheDS][Release] Requesting that PMC consider expedited 36 hr vote for 1.5.1

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
+1

Alex

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
I +1 this proposal.

We are now so close to the Ldap cponference that we need to move fast,
mainly due to travel time of two of our majors committers (Alex and
Chris)

thanks Alex !

On 8/30/07, Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi PMC,
>
> NOTE: I put this out there on the dev list purposely so all can see.
>
> This is a special request to the PMC to keep the voting period down to 36
> hrs instead of
> 72 for the 1.5.1 release.  It is an exceptional condition and this is not
> something we will get
> into a habit of doing. I am asking this for several reasons:
>
>  o We have a tight release schedule
>  o Most of us will be traveling and need a quick conclusion to the vote so
> we may be present to
>     release the artifacts properly
>  o If there is a blip that requires fixes followed by another release vote,
> then we will still have a
>     chance at making this all happen in time for LDAP con.
>  o This is a feature introduction release (NOT a production release)
>  o Most of the binding voters are going to be release artifact testers who
> are diligently testing
>     installers, servers and apps as we speak: so waiting on them to test the
> goods is not an
>     issue.
>
> Can we get a majority of the PMC to quickly +1 (approve) this request?
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [ApacheDS][Release] Requesting that PMC consider expedited 36 hr vote for 1.5.1

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Chris Custine <cc...@apache.org>.
+1