Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Matthias Müller <py...@yahoo.de> on 2013/01/17 14:26:41 UTC

[C2.2] Provide or consume Webservices with Cocoon 2.2

Hi there,

are there any tutorials / samples about implementing webservice support in cocoon 2.2.

All the sources I found are based on Cocoon 2.1x, e.g.
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/WebServiceServer

Regards,
Matthias

RE: [C2.2] Provide or consume Webservices with Cocoon 2.2

Posted by Robby Pelssers <Ro...@nxp.com>.
You can add dependencies on the necessary spring modules.  We actually consume webservices from within our Cocoon2.2 application.

I’m not sure exactly which of the below dependencies are needed anymore but I will just list the ones we are using:

    <properties>
        <spring.version>2.5.1</spring.version>
        <spring.ws.version>1.5.10</spring.ws.version>
    </properties>

            <!-- spring webservices -->
            <dependency>
                <groupId>org.springframework.ws</groupId>
                <artifactId>spring-ws-core</artifactId>
                <version>${spring.ws.version}</version>
            </dependency>
            <dependency>
                <groupId>org.springframework.ws</groupId>
                <artifactId>spring-oxm-tiger</artifactId>
                <version>${spring.ws.version}</version>
            </dependency>
            <dependency>
                <groupId>org.springframework.ws</groupId>
                <artifactId>spring-oxm</artifactId>
                <version>${spring.ws.version}</version>
            </dependency>
            <dependency>
                <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
                <artifactId>spring-context-support</artifactId>
                <version>${spring.version}</version>
            </dependency>
            <dependency>
                <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
                <artifactId>spring-tx</artifactId>
                <version>${spring.version}</version>
            </dependency>
            <dependency>
                <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
                <artifactId>spring-web</artifactId>
                <version>${spring.version}</version>
            </dependency>
            <dependency>
                <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
                <artifactId>spring-aspects</artifactId>
                <version>${spring.version}</version>
            </dependency>

Robby

Posted by Robby Pelssers <Ro...@nxp.com>.
So our setup is like this:

We have a separate project which represents the webservice client…

http://robbypelssers.blogspot.nl/2010/10/building-webservices-with-spring-ws_3532.html

So basically we only needed to declare a maven dependency on this project.  So far easy to understand I hope.
            <dependency>
                <groupId>com.nxp.spider2</groupId>
                <artifactId>jobmonitorClient</artifactId>
                <version>1.1.11</version>
            </dependency>

So in the spring application context of our Cocoon [2.2] app  we configured the client like below:

  <!-- jobmonitorClient -->
  <oxm:jaxb2-marshaller id="jaxb2marshaller" contextPath="com.nxp.spider2.jobmonitorClient.webservice.domain"/>

  <bean id="webServiceTemplate" class="org.springframework.ws.client.core.WebServiceTemplate">
    <property name="marshaller" ref="jaxb2marshaller"/>
    <property name="unmarshaller" ref="jaxb2marshaller"/>
    <property name="defaultUri" value="${logmonitor.EPR}"/>
  </bean>

  <bean id="jobMonitorClient" class="com.nxp.spider2.webservice.client.JobMonitorClientImpl">
    <property name="webServiceTemplate" ref="webServiceTemplate"/>
  </bean>

Now it becomes interesting ;-)   But I’m just going to redirect again to my blog.  We consumed the webservice from transforming custom tags which were transformed using XSLT extensions … Just read this page and it will become clear…

http://robbypelssers.blogspot.nl/2011/09/power-of-apache-cocoon-xquery-and-xslt.html

Let me know if it’s too vague… willing to answer questions.

Robby

Posted by Matthias Müller <py...@yahoo.de>.

________________________________

Posted by gelo1234 <ge...@gmail.com>.
I was rather thinking about consuming Web Services from Cocoon sitemap,
handling it inside Cocoon sitemap and generating Web Services/SOAP?
Response from Cocoon sitemap.

That kind of integration (yet nice and simple :)

Any idea?

Greetings,
Greg

Posted by Robby Pelssers <Ro...@nxp.com>.

Posted by Jos Snellings <jo...@upperware.biz>.
I was not referring to cocoon-spring-configurator explicitly. In my
application, I have configured extra run time dependencies
via spring. The configuration files are gracefully picked up. But this is
cocoon-3. I have no experience with c 2.2.

However, it is not difficult to give it a try
Jos

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgrosso@apache.org

--
All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called "Facts". They
are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain.

Re: [C2.2] Provide or consume Webservices with Cocoon 2.2

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matthias Müller <py...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Jos Snellings <jo...@upperware.biz>.
Hi Matthias,

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 21/01/2013 08:59, Matthias Müller wrote:
> I guess upgrading to Cocoon 3 means a lot of work. Please correct me,
> if I'm wrong here.
>
> I'm not to deep in cocoon development, so maybe I'm totally wrong with
> the following idea:
> There is a Cocoon spring integration. Does that mean that coccon can
> host spring modules? Could I maybe use the a spring webservice here?

Hi Matthias,
Cocoon 3.0 is quite different from its predecessors, that's sure.

Unfortunately I don't know C2.2 enough to confirm you that you can use
Spring-based webservices, even though I suspect that you could be able
to do so by playing a bit with filters in web.xml

Regards.

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.