Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Peter A. Volchek" <Pe...@ti.com.od.ua> on 2002/11/08 19:24:08 UTC

strange validation error

Hi team,

Currently I'm testing my utility that generates the XML instance based on DTD or XML Schema. After generation done, the utility validates the generated XML against source DTD or Schema to check that all is fine.

Well, I have a DTD and XML Schema that defines the same content model.
The utility generates the identical XML for both DTD and XML Schema but while the validation is ok against DTD it fails against XML schema.

I have attached my test files. Can someone to review them to find out where the problem is.

Attached files:
my.dtd        - DTD
my.xsd        - XML Schema
gen_dtd.xml   - XML generated based on DTD
gen_sch.xml   - XML generated based on XML Schema
errmsg.txt    - Error message when validating against XML Schema

Regards,
Peter A. Volchek