Posted to general@gump.apache.org by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com> on 2004/02/26 23:30:53 UTC

Re: Apache Gump and Apache Portals

Tetsuya Kitahata" <te...@nifty.com> wrote:

> >   - The Apache Gump Project will now oversee the development and
> >     maintenance of the Apache Jakarta Gump project. Stefan Bodewig is
the
> >     new Chair of this PMC.

    [...]

> Just a note. Cheerio,

Not sure if this was meant to be 'cheerio' to the projects, or just at end
of the mail, but Gump is hoping not to say goodbye to this community.
Basically Gump wants (needs) an identity and community that is a superset of
Jakarta. Further, Gump is forging it's future (as an Java project
integrator) in Python, which contradicts line one of
http://jakarta.apache.org/.

These were what prompted the move, but Gump will still allow all Jakarta
committers to be Gump committers.

Further (and this ought be worded as a personal goal) I'd like to see all
Jakarta sub-projects within Gump's public workspaces & nightly integrations.
[Not quite sure how I measure/ensure such coverage, but that is a separate
matter for another day.]

What brought me to Gump was being a satisfied user of much of the impressive
software within Jakarta. I hope that Gump can continue serve this community,
so this community can continue to deliver a robust stack of highly
interoperable solutions (with minimal jar-hell discontinuities).

regards,

Adam

Re: Apache Gump and Apache Portals

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On 27 Feb 2004, at 07:49, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, robert burrell donkin
> <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> do the gump team plan to continue to use the jakarta announcement
>> mailing list or will they be creating a new list?
>
> We'll have a general@gump.apache.org that takes over for
> gump@jakarta.apache.org, at least this is the plan.
>
> I don't think Gump has ever used the announce list at all and right
> now we haven't asked for any announce list specific to Gump either.

well then, i'd say that announcing gump's graduation would be a good
first announcement for project gump to send ;)

- robert

Re: Apache Gump and Apache Portals

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
<ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> do the gump team plan to continue to use the jakarta announcement
> mailing list or will they be creating a new list?

We'll have a general@gump.apache.org that takes over for
gump@jakarta.apache.org, at least this is the plan.

I don't think Gump has ever used the announce list at all and right
now we haven't asked for any announce list specific to Gump either.

You will all continue to get the nagging mails delivered to the
development lists. 8-)

Stefan

Re: Apache Gump and Apache Portals

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.