Posted to user@ode.apache.org by "Jackson, Douglas" <dj...@ugs.com> on 2008/02/12 00:41:21 UTC

Ode 2.0 on Weblogic 9.2

Hi!

I was attempting to run Ode on Weblogic 9.2 and ran into several
classloader problems with Ode on that platform.

Weblogic was using its version of Xerces rather than the one inside the
Ode war, and the Ode war failed when using that Xerces with the
following error

when attempting to deploy a bpel process:

java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
org.apache.xerces.dom.AttrNSImpl.getTextContent()Ljava/lang/String;

        at
org.apache.ode.bpel.compiler.bom.BpelObject.initNSContext(BpelObject.jav
a:268)

When I modified the war file to specify the
"<prefer-web-inf-classes>true" in the weblogic.xml file in order to have
ode

use its version of xerces rather than the application server's version,
I got exceptions with the commons logging when attempting to deploy the
war:

org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: User-specified log
class 'org.apache.commons.l

ogging.impl.Log4JLogger' cannot be found or is not useable.

It looks as though Ode will not run in Weblogic 9.2 at all.

-Doug.