Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Jim Ma <ji...@iona.com> on 2007/03/14 11:41:49 UTC

question about xsdtojava jaxb maven plugin

Hi all ,

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening ?

 If we removed the following  dependency  (marked with ====)from  metacode
module,
buid rt-management always failed.

<plugin>
                <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
                <artifactId>cxf-common-xsd</artifactId>
                <version>${project.version}</version>
                <executions>
                  <execution>
                        </configuration>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>xsdtojava</goal>
                        </goals>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
                <dependencies>
                   =========================
                      <dependency>
                        <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
                        <artifactId>cxf-tools2-xjc-dv</artifactId>
                        <version>${project.version}</version>
                    </dependency>
                   =========================
                      <dependency>
                        <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
                        <artifactId>cxf-common-utilities</artifactId>
                        <version>${project.version}</version>
                    </dependency>
                </dependencies>
   </plugin>

rt-management always complain unrecognized parameter -Xdv.  But  I have set
the
the cxf-tools-xjc-dv dependency for xsdtojava plugin . Is this an issue in
our jaxb plugin ?

Another question is :   Why do we need to implement our own jaxb plugin
instead of using Sun's jaxb plugin ?

Thanks

Jim

Re: question about xsdtojava jaxb maven plugin

Posted by James Mao <ja...@iona.com>.
Hi

I just put dependency of the xjc plugin in metacode, since it's the on
top of api/rt, although metacode never use the xjc plugin.
but seems that's the only workaround solution i can figure out.

James.

Posted by Andrea Smyth <an...@iona.com>.
Hi Jim,