Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by m-...@terilogy.com on 2007/02/05 05:33:55 UTC

[users@httpd] Upgrading from 2.0.49 to 2.0.59

Hi all,

I'm planning to upgrade from 2.0.49 to 2.0.59 for securities.
Apache is configured SSL with openssl-0.9.7d.
What I want to know is that openssl-0.9.7d is compatible with 2.0.59.
As far as I looked into doc files in openssl source , I could not find
any information regarding compatibility.
Somebody knows that ?

Best regards,
Shinichi

Re: [users@httpd] Upgrading from 2.0.49 to 2.0.59

Posted by megaspaz <me...@tron.megaspaz.net>.
um... shouldn't be. If you've compiled apache, you should have no problems
recompiling apache with SSL. If you're upgrading your distro's apache
package (if using linux), again that should be taken care of by the
package maintainer.

On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 20:33:55 -0800, <m-...@terilogy.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm planning to upgrade from 2.0.49 to 2.0.59 for securities.
> Apache is configured SSL with openssl-0.9.7d.
> What I want to know is that openssl-0.9.7d is compatible with 2.0.59.
> As far as I looked into doc files in openssl source , I could not find
> any information regarding compatibility.
> Somebody knows that ?
>

> Best regards,
> Shinichi

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it
caught and shot now...

Re: [users@httpd] Upgrading from 2.0.49 to 2.0.59

Posted by Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org>.
On Feb 4, 2007, at 10:14 PM, ivsupport@terilogy.com wrote:

> Additionally, do I have to generate new key after upgrading Apache ?

No, the information in your key and certificate exists entirely
separately from Apache. You can use the same key and certificate. In
fact, you can use the same configuration file.

At the moment, the 2.0.x branch only receives security updates.
Differences between individual versions on the branch are minimal.

S.

Re: [users@httpd] Upgrading from 2.0.49 to 2.0.59

Posted by iv...@terilogy.com.
Thank you for kindly advice.

> but you may see the file modules/ssl/ssl_toolkit_compat.h which
> contains some definitions that differ based on OpenSSL version.
As your advice, I read the header file.
There seems to be definition of each OpenSSL version in it.
I'll confirm the compatibility on my own.
Additionally, do I have to generate new key after upgrading Apache ?

Thanks,
Shinichi

Posted by Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org>.