Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2010/11/19 00:19:08 UTC

Next dev meeting: Tuesday 11/30 at 9.30am PST

Hi all,

As per the discussion today, the dev meetings will be held on Tuesdays,
at 9.30am PST. Meeting agendas will be set the Monday before (noon).

The next such IRC meeting will be held on Tuesday 11/30. Please email me
suggestions for topics to discuss before Monday 11/29 noon (PST). I hope
this works for everyone.

-- leif

Re: Next dev meeting: Tuesday 11/30 at 9.30am PST

Posted by Wyn Williams <he...@gmail.com>.
Somewhere an IRC angel wept

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
As I said, occasional irc chats, or very *directed and focused*
IRC chats are fine... it's the standing ones which are a concern.
For example, someone my decide not to bring something up on dev@
because "well, I'll just bring it up at the irc meeting" and so
the irc meetings would evolve into the place where development
gets done and dev@is where development gets "recorded"...

That's the danger and that is why the ASF has always directed that
mailing lists be and stay the main development communication
method.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.