Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Drasko Kokic <dr...@yahoo.com> on 2001/01/02 11:49:01 UTC

Re: [C1.8.1-dev][bug] ESQL & Connection Pool

--- Robin Green <gr...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Drasko Kokic <dr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >It seems that if I use the testcase code in the
> first
> >context, it works okay. If I then use same code
> within
> >second context I am still using db connection from
> the
> >first context ?!
>
> Makes sense. The TurbineResourceServices class is
> not designed to be used
> more than once in a given classloader context - it
> uses static methods. So
> it looks like you can't have multiple connection
> pools.
>

> >I have also tried to rename the connection names
> but
> >that didn't solve the problem.  Even more
> disturbing,
> >it is possible to use the db connection name from
> the
> >other context that does NOT exist in the
> >cocoon.properties file of the original context!!!
> >
> >MY ONLY CONCLUSION IS THAT CONNECTION POOLING WORKS
> >GLOBALLY REGARDLESS OF LOCAL NATURE OF
> COCOON(TOMCAT)
> >CONTEXTS.
>
> I agree.
>
> Probably the best thing to do would be to fix
> Turbine first so that it could
> have multiple, totally separate, connection pools,
> and then change Cocoon to
> use the new Turbine. But, I'm not volunteering for
> any of this.

Robin,

wouldn't it make more sense to take the Turbine
connection pool parametars OUT of cocoon.properties
file(s) ???
It is rather global thing and maybe it should be in a
separate global file (or included in the servlet
container config files?!)

If it's still nicer to keep the Turbine parameters in
cocoon.properties file(s) than let's try to make it
robust in a way that one context setup would NOT mess
things in others.

Who (or where) would be the best to discuss this
further?!

Drasko

<PS text="Happy New Year !!!" />

http://photos.yahoo.com/