Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by parnab kumar <pa...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/24 20:47:06 UTC

LINK RANK & CRAWL DATUM SCORE

Hi All,

     I need to clarify a concept . After we run link rank , each url gets a
score based on its link rank/page rank value. This score is updated in the
crawl db . Is this score used as a document boost while when we  run the
indexer . This is because unless we index we do not see any effect of link
ranking. If it is not used as a document boost then where is this score
used . Can anyone throw some light on this ..

Thanks ,
Parnab

RE: LINK RANK & CRAWL DATUM SCORE

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Hi,

The CrawlDatum's score field is added to the document via the `boost` field, this is not a document boost. You'll have to boost on the field manually to see the LinkRank value in effect. You can do this with a function query or a boost query.

Cheers,
Markus