Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "shaikbaji.forums" <sh...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/30 16:12:36 UTC

Log4j sample example with EAR application

Hi,

I have designed a EAR project, It contains few EJB projects and one WEB
project. I want to use the same log file across all the sub projects in that
EAR so can you please send me any sample application which is same as my
requirement.

I just tried like as follow:

1)I have copied the same log4j.properties file in every EJB and WEB project
SRC folder.

2)I have added the depended log4j.jar files to EAR and have given reference
to the EJB projects.

3)I have copied the log4j.jar to WEB-INF/lib folder of  my WEB project.

When I am running my application, It's logging only my WEB project logs,
It's not logging my EJB project logs.

Kindly help me out.

Thanks in advance!!!

Regards,
Baji

Re: Log4j sample example with EAR application

Posted by "shaikbaji.forums" <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jake

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
I haven't used JBOSS in ages, so I have no specific instructions for you.
But, ultimately, this is just a classloading question.

Please consult your JBOSS classloading documentation.  If you want a single
instance of Log4j to be used across all applications, then you need to place
the log4j jar and config in a location where it can be seen by all apps in a

Posted by "shaikbaji.forums" <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jake,

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.