Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org> on 2017/05/03 19:46:10 UTC

Re: Topic Creation programatically

Hi Zishan,

The best practice will depend on the situation.  In most cases, creating
the topic using the CLI creation command prior to running your code is
easier than creating it programmatically.  There will be a new
AdminClient API for creating topics programmatically in the 0.11
release; prior to that, your main option would be using topic
auto-creation.  I would not recommend using topic auto-creation, because
you will not be able to set the configuration that is used on the new
topic.

best,
Colin