Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Edwards, Jayme" <JC...@software.rockwell.com> on 2000/08/02 01:48:19 UTC

RE: URGENT: Bug/special case in document() function when Xalan is used in Cocoon

What suggestions? Other than the quotes typo there is nothing else I can do to get this to work. As a side note I am using Cocoon 1.8 Dev (current CVS image) because I need support for the latest released Xerces (which supports XML Schema) and Xalan.

Jayme

Posted by Ed Staub <es...@mediaone.net>.
Jayme,

I suggest looking for a workaround at this point.

The only clean way I see to fix it involves multiple interfaces and classes
in Cocoon, with a moderate potential for collateral damage.

(I see changing the Processor and Transformer signatures, along with all of
the implementors of those interfaces.  Or adding another "add-in" interface
which would get interrogated for and then used to set the URI, so that most
of the processors and transformers wouldn't need to be touched.  I don't
like either of these much, and I don't want to muck up the code if there's a
better approach.)

If you can get an experienced Cocoon developer to reproduce the bug and look
at it, they may be able to see a quicker and safer way to fix this.  (Your
description was excellent, given how obscure this is!)

For a workaround, I'd be trying to find another way to pass the base into
the spreadsheet.

Sorry,
-Ed