Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> on 2007/08/22 20:16:29 UTC

Re: [s2] OGNL Version 2.7

There doesn't seem to be much activity on this as of late. Is upgrading to
OGNL 2.7 on the roadmap? I tried to upgrade 2.0.9 to use 2.7 and it didn't
work.

Matt

Re: [s2] OGNL Version 2.7

Posted by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
Adding javassist-3.4.ga.jar to my claspath fixes this issue.

Thanks,

Matt

Re: [s2] OGNL Version 2.7

Posted by Dale Newfield <Da...@Newfield.org>.
mraible wrote:
> If I replace ognl-2.6.11.jar with ognl-2.7.jar, I get the following error
> when Struts starts up:
>
> Exception starting filter struts2
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javassist/ClassPath

Ah.  Yes--there was a wrinkle:  I needed to add javassist-3.4.jar as
well.  I use ant, not maven, so I cannot give you the pom.xml snippet to
add this dependency, but I can tell you that a web search just now found
it available at
http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/javassist/javassist/3.4.GA/ .

While ognl.org *still* has no mention of this (or even 2.6.11,
actually), a blog entry discussing the ognl release does mention this
new dependency:
http://blog.opencomponentry.com/2007/01/14/new-ognl-release-on-the-horizon-its-faster/

-Dale

Re: [s2] OGNL Version 2.7