Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Fourat ZOUARI <fo...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/08 13:45:52 UTC

Problem creating a new object class

Hi,

I've created a new object class, here's it's source code:

objectclass ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.76561.1

> NAME 'Tux'
>
> DESC 'Staff'
>
> SUP top
>
> STRUCTURAL
>
> MUST ( description $ displayName $ documentIdentifier $ documentTitle $
>> email $ employeeNumber $ homePhone $ homePostalAddress $ personalTitle $
>> serialNumber $ userPassword )
>
> MAY ( photo $ SipExtension $ Departement )
>
>  )

Saved it, and still cannot see it as an option in objectClass attribute of
any entry ...

Any idea ?

Re: Problem creating a new object class

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Unfortunately the Schema Editor does not allow you (yet!) to push back modifications done on the schema directly (live, via LDAP).
You still have to export your new schema as an OpenLDAP Schema file and use it with your OpenLDAP server.

Hope this helps,
Pierre-Arnaud

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 11/8/11 8:14 PM, Fourat ZOUARI wrote:
> Thank you for your help, now when i try to import my ldif file, am getting
> this:
>
> #!RESULT ERROR
>> #!CONNECTION ldap://ldap.attractive.fr:10389
>>
>> #!DATE 2011-11-08T20:05:53.386
>>
>> #!ERROR [LDAP: error code 53 - UNWILLING_TO_PERFORM: failed for     Add
>>> Request : ClientEntry     dn: m-oid=1.3.6.1.4.1.20.21.24,
>>> ou=attributeTypes, cn=tritux, ou=schema     objectclass: metaAttributeType
>>>      objectclass: metaTop     objectclass: top     m-oid:
>>> 1.3.6.1.4.1.20.21.24     m-name: badgeNumber : ERR_345 Cannot add the
>>> AttributeType m-oid=1.3.6.1.4.1.20.21.24, ou=attributeTypes, cn=tritux,
>>> ou=schema into the registries, the resulting registries would be
>>> inconsistent :
>>> org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.exception.LdapProtocolErrorException:
>>> ERR_04307 The AttributeType badgeNumber must have a syntax OID or a
>>> superior, it does not have any.]
>> dn: m-oid=1.3.6.1.4.1.20.21.24, ou=attributeTypes, cn=tritux, ou=schema
>>
>> changetype: add
>>
>> m-name: badgeNumber
>>
>> objectclass: metaAttributeType
>>
>> objectclass: metaTop
>>
>> objectclass: top
>>
>> m-oid: 1.3.6.1.4.1.20.21.24
>>

> I realize that my oid 'syntax' is invalid, can you please help me to find
> the right syntax ?

It's up to you to determinate which kind of syntax you want to inject,
we can't blind guess such an information.

I suggest you check some LDAP tutorial to determinate which syntax would
be the appropriate one for your need.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com