Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/03 19:34:35 UTC

clone, offline usage in map-reduce job - error in getSplits method.

A few weeks ago there was a message or two about cloning a table then
taking it offline before running a map-reduce job using
AccumuloInputFormat. I'm trying to do this but have run into an issue. Here
is the gist of my code:

String table = "AA";
String tableClone = "AA_clone";

getTableOperations().clone(table, tableClone, true, new HashMap<String,
String>(), new TreeSet<String>());
getTableOperations().offline(tableClone);

### the rest is normal Hadoop Job setup using tableClone has the input
table.

When I run the job, I get this message:

...AA_clone is offline
...at ... InputFormatBase.getSplits(InputFormatBase.java:1366)
...<normal java stack>

Did I missing something in my job setup?

Re: clone, offline usage in map-reduce job - error in getSplits method.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
I remember running into something like this recently. Tried to offline
mapreduce, got an error that the table couldn't be cloned. Then, I tried
to take the table offline and run the job, and got an error that the
table was offline.

I don't think I tracked it down the whole way, but there might be a bug
here.

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.
Using AccumuloInputFormat.setScanOffline worked. Thanks!

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.