Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ayyanar <ay...@aspiresys.com> on 2008/12/15 12:17:08 UTC

CustomQueryParser

I found the following solution in the forum to use BoostingTermQuery in solr:

"I ended up subclassing QueryParser and overriding newTermQuery() to create
a BoostingTermQuery instead of a plain ol' TermQuery.  Seems to work. "

http://www.nabble.com/RE:-using-BoostingTermQuery-p19651792.html

I have some questions on this:

1) Anyone tried this? Is it working
2) Where to specify the query parser subclass name? SolrConfig.xml? What is
the xml tag name for this?
3) Should we use Qparser? I think we can directly subclass the QueryParser
and do that. Am I right?
4) Kindly post the code sample to override the newTermQuery() to create a
BoostingTermQuery

Thanks in advance
Ayyanar