Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de> on 2021/12/14 23:05:58 UTC

Release announcement / download for Log4J 2.12.2

Hi there,

I saw the release announcement for 2.12.2 on this dev list (in the
archive). It contains the following download link:

https://logging.apache.org/log4j/log4j-2.12.2/download.html

What is confusing is, that this URL redirects to

https://logging.apache.org/log4j/log4j-2.12.1/download.html

(2.12.1 instead of 2.12.2 in the URL) but that page then contains the
text and links for 2.12.2. Users might get confused, whether that's
right, which is a bit problematic in the context of a security release.

Furthermore lower down on that page, there is still the table of
download links for version 2.12.1, before the next heading "Previous
Releases" comes under which there is 2.3.

Probably someone forgot to delete the 2.12.1 table?

On the download page https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/download.html
for the curent version 2.16.0, under "Previous Releases" still only
2.12.1 is mentioned, not 2.12.2 and the page refers to the archive under
https://archive.apache.org/dist/logging/log4j/ to download previous
versions. But in the archive 2.12.2 is not yet present.

I know that the last days were hard and very busy, but it might still
help to do a little cleanup.

Znanks a lot and best regards,

Rainer

Re: Release announcement / download for Log4J 2.12.2

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
We made small changes to the 2.12.1 site to include information about
the 2.12.2 patch. The old 2.12.1 download links were left in place,
though it might be confusing. And the 2.12.2 releases are available
here: https://downloads.apache.org/logging/log4j/2.12.2/