Posted to dev@whirr.apache.org by Patrick Hunt <ph...@cloudera.com> on 2010/10/27 19:32:41 UTC

Time for a 0.2.0 release of Whirr?

Hi Folks, do you think it's a good time for a 0.2.0 release? 21 issues
fixed so far, 4 open. Only one of those seems like it would be good to
fix before 0.2.0
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WHIRR-91

In particular updating to the new jclouds and addressing the AMI issue
(107) seems worthy of a new release.

I'd be happy to serve as release manager if everyone else is too busy. :-)

Patrick

Re: Time for a 0.2.0 release of Whirr?

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@cloudera.com>.
I've committed a fix for the final blocker JIRA (WHIRR-91) against
whirr 0.2.0. I'll work on creating a release candidate.

Patrick

Posted by Tom White <to...@gmail.com>.
Feel free to take a look at it.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.
On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Patrick Hunt <ph...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> Grt. I marked 91 as a blocker.
>
> 1) Tom can you put up a patch for 91?

Will do.

Do you think WHIRR-116 is a blocker too?

> 2) as soon as 91 gets committed I'll cut an RC. Is there a "how to
> release" document for this?

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WHIRR/How+To+Release

Tom

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@cloudera.com>.
Grt. I marked 91 as a blocker.

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@jclouds.org>.
+1

This would be really helpful for you to aid in release management.

-Adrian