Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Michael Congdon <mc...@globaldisplay.net> on 2002/11/20 19:35:16 UTC

Using deployment descriptor files

I have developed SOAP services to run in a WebLogic environment.  Currently, I start my server and manually configure the service(s) using the SOAP WAR file (using SOAP 2.1).

I have created a deployment descriptor file (with the <isd:service> element and all of its nested elements), but can't figure out how to use this file instead of manually configuring the service via the WAR servlets.

How do I use deployment descriptor files to automatically deploy my services?

Thanks,
Michael Congdon

Re: Accomodating Clients

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
No, 15 seconds is unreasonable.  I would expect tens of milliseconds.

I would recommend you start up the Network Monitor on Win2k so you can
see the timing of when you send the request packet(s) and when the
response packet(s) are received.  This should tell you the actual time
spend in the service.

If you want to tinker before firing up the monitor, one common problem
is host address resolution.  Does the WSDL specify a host name or host
address in the endpoint URL?  If it has a host name, try using an IP
address instead, or put the address of the Linux box in the Win2k hosts
file (%windir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts).

Scott Nichol

Re: Accomodating Clients

Posted by "Paul J. Caritj" <pc...@riovia.net>.
Scott: