Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com> on 2005/05/13 21:01:39 UTC

Re: Apache2::DBI?

Malcolm J Harwood wrote:

>On Wednesday 27 April 2005 09:50 am, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>

>>Hopefully I didn't overstep any bounds here.
>>
>>At http://p6m7g8.net/Apache-DBI are 3 files
>>http://p6m7g8.net/Apache-DBI/0.94_0.96.patch
>>http://p6m7g8.net/Apache-DB/I-0.96.tar.gz
>>http://p6m7g8.net/Apache-DBI/Apache-DBI.ppd
>>
>>This gets Apache::DBI to work nicely with mod_perl2.0RC5
>>

>Do you know if or when this might be integrated into the cpan release?

I offered to upload to cpan/maintain it. Ask B., the current maintainer
stepped in.  About 2-3 weeks ago, he should have been looking at my changes.
I have not yet heard back.

Do you have any feedback on it ?

This  thread is in the archives of this list. [don't have the link handy]

--
END
Philip M. Gollucci

Re: Apache2::DBI?

Posted by "Philip M. Golllucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Malcolm J Harwood wrote:
> On Friday 13 May 2005 03:01 pm, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>

>>I offered to upload to cpan/maintain it. Ask B., the current maintainer
>>stepped in.  About 2-3 weeks ago, he should have been looking at my
>>changes. I have not yet heard back.
>>
>>Do you have any feedback on it ?
>

> Other than a strange error that I didn't see before (but which I don't think
> is related to the Apache2::DBI), everything seems to work fine.
>
> The error is, that occasionally fetchrow_hashref returns a hash consisting of:
> 	{ 'COL(1)' => 0 }
> rather than either no ref or actual data. It's a very intermittent problem, so
> I've not been able to track down what exactly is causing it (so it may be a
> bug anywhere in the stack from the db server out to my own code).

Hi Malcolm,

Thanks for the feedback.  As this module is community maintained, please
CC modperl list.

As Apache2::DBI doesn't mess with fetchrow_hashref() at all, I would
assume its a DBI issue instead; though, I can't speculate to what.

Glad it seems to be working for you.

--
END

Philip M. Gollucci pgollucci@p6m7g8.com 301.254.5198
Senior Developer - Liquidity Services Inc.
     http://liquidityservicesinc.com