Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by "BURN, James" <Ja...@oup.com> on 2014/08/13 18:31:02 UTC

camel-http4 in ServiceMix 5.1.0

Hi

Using ServiceMix 5.1.0, when I tried to install camel-http4 feature, I got a load of warnings like:

2014-08-13 16:56:29,160 | WARN  | l Console Thread | DefaultTypeConverter             | ?                                   ? | 124 - org.apache.camel.camel-core - 2.13.1 | Overriding type converter from: StaticMethodTypeConverter: public static javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest org.apache.camel.component.http.HttpConverter.toServletRequest(org.apache.camel.Message) to: StaticMethodTypeConverter: public static javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest org.apache.camel.component.http4.HttpConverter.toServletRequest(org.apache.camel.Message)
2014-08-13 16:56:29,161 | WARN  | l Console Thread | DefaultTypeConverter             | ?                                   ? | 124 - org.apache.camel.camel-core - 2.13.1 | Overriding type converter from: StaticMethodTypeConverter: public static java.io.InputStream org.apache.camel.component.http.HttpConverter.toInputStream(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest,org.apache.camel.Exchange) throws java.io.IOException to: StaticMethodTypeConverter: public static java.io.InputStream org.apache.camel.component.http4.HttpConverter.toInputStream(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest,org.apache.camel.Exchange) throws java.io.IOException
2014-08-13 16:56:29,161 | WARN  | l Console Thread | DefaultTypeConverter             | ?                                   ? | 124 - org.apache.camel.camel-core - 2.13.1 | Overriding type converter from: StaticMethodTypeConverter: public static javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse org.apache.camel.component.http.HttpConverter.toServletResponse(org.apache.camel.Message) to: StaticMethodTypeConverter: public static javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse org.apache.camel.component.http4.HttpConverter.toServletResponse(org.apache.camel.Message)

And camel-http4 doesn't work as it should do - using http rather than https which need.

We've been building/testing this ServiceMix environment for a few weeks now.

I've tried this from a fresh install of ServiceMix 5.1.0 and camel-http4 installs fine, so something must be causing a problem in our config/install.

I'll guess I can carry on with this fresh install and hopefully things will work, but if anyone has any ideas why camel-http4 wouldn't have installed correctly I'd appreciate it.

I'm happy to provide more install/error logs if you like.

Cheers

James

RE: camel-http4 in ServiceMix 5.1.0

Posted by "BURN, James" <Ja...@oup.com>.
Hi

Thanks for having a look.

I've investigated more and think you're right, it's not camel-http4. I get problems with jetty also when I'm trying to POST/GET from an https site via our proxy.

I can wget/curl this https URL fine from the command line, but through the Java/ServiceMix environment I get lots of "No route to host" warnings.

I've a line in my setenv file which defines our proxy settings (through KARAF_OPTS="-Dhttp.proxyHost=ourproxy.com -Dhttp.proxyPort=8080") though I'm not convinced we need this as they are also defined in our OS environment.

What would be useful would be some way of checking how ServiceMix sees another server over http/https - like a traceroute, or ping command - to check the proxy is not causing a problem. Is there anything I can use there.

The camel routes we have tried are:
<to uri="jetty:https://externalsite.com"/> gives
Error : org.apache.camel.CamelExchangeException: JettyClient failed cause by: No route to host. Exchange[JmsMessage[JmsMessageID: ID:UKECLDAPP02-57734-1408031433274-3:7:1:1:53]]. Caused by: [java.net.NoRouteToHostException - No route to host],

<to uri="http4://externalsite.com"/>
2014-08-14 17:07:23,950 | INFO  | R.UK.SecondPass] | RetryExec                        | ?                                   ? | 225 - org.apache.httpcomponents.httpclient - 4.3.3 | I/O exception (java.net.NoRouteToHostException) caught when processing request to {}->http://externalsite.com:80: No route to host

<to uri="https4://externalsite.com/PIM/STARUKToPIMS"/>
2014-08-14 17:13:24,272 | INFO  | R.UK.SecondPass] | RetryExec                        | ?                                   ? | 225 - org.apache.httpcomponents.httpclient - 4.3.3 | I/O exception (java.net.NoRouteToHostException) caught when processing request to {s}->https://externalsite.com:443: No route to host

<to uri="https://externalsite.com"/>
Error : java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host,

<to uri="http://externalsite.com:843"/>
Error : java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host,

Any ideas? The second https option (https4) I think looks best, but still doesn't work.

James

The warning messages is means there is some type converter conflicts between the camel-http and camel-http4 bundle. But I don’t think these warning messages could mass up the camel-http4 component.

Can you show me the stack trace or some logs which relate that camel-http4 doesn’t support https?

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com