Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Ludovic MESSINGER <lu...@laposte.net> on 2018/07/21 12:19:35 UTC

Device list problem

Hello,

When I open the settings to activate my mwebcam or mic, sometimes the
device list is blank. For webcam it displays the 1st line and then an
other blank line and for mic the 1st line and then 2 or 3 blank lines.

I have seen this on Chrome with OpenMeetings Version     4.0.3.
It seems that this problem happens only the 1st time you set the webcam
and mic for a user.

Have some of you the same problem ?

PS: Do you know when a version without Flash for Webcam and Mic
communication will be released?

Regards,
Ludovic

Re: Device list problem

Posted by Daniel Ascher <ap...@aplustutoring.com>.
Maxim, thanks for the improvements. I think they are good. I also like
Ludovic's ideas, if they are possible. Definitely would help.

Dan

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 6:51 AM, Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for checking Ludovic :)
>
> I believe both "Sélectionnez votre langue" and "Sélectionnez votre
> périphérique". are wrong :( in english it is "Loading data, please wait"
>
> I can easily change Flash position if you feel it will help
> Not sure if it is possible to check if Flash is enabled or not using JS
> code, will try to investigate
>

> On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 5:39 PM Ludovic MESSINGER <lu...@laposte.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Thank you for your work and the previous answers.
>>
>> I like the look of the select fields and the text displayed is better, as
>> it tells the user what tot do.
>> There is just a mistake in French, as it's written "Sélectionnez votre
>> langue" and it should be  "Sélectionnez votre périphérique".
>>
>> I've linked an image with proposal for interface improvements, I hope it
>> could help and feedbacks are welcomed also ;-)
>>
>> The user could also be told to connect a mic and/or webcam and to refreh
>> the page (F5) if we know that flash is activated and that the devices list
>> are empty.
>>
>> Ludovic
>>
>> Le 26/07/2018 à 07:13, Maxim Solodovnik a écrit :
>>
>> I have addressed some comments regarding Settings dialog
>>
>> would love to hear some feedback :)
>> demo-next https://om.alteametasoft.com:8443/next/hash?swf=settings is
>> updated
>>

>> On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 12:14 AM Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The code is already in 4.0.x branch:
>>> https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/blob/4.0.x/
>>> openmeetings-web/src/main/java/org/apache/openmeetings/

Re: Device list problem

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Device list problem

Posted by Ludovic MESSINGER <lu...@laposte.net>.
Hello,

Re: Device list problem

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Device list problem

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

RE: Device list problem

Posted by "Coscend@OM" <OM...@Coscend.com>.
Dear Maxim,

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: See 'Confidentiality Notice Regarding E-mail Messages from Coscend Communications Solutions' posted at:  <http://www.coscend.com/Anchor/Common/Terms_and_Conditions.html> http://www.Coscend.com/Anchor/Common/Terms_and_Conditions.html

On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 9:17 PM Daniel Ascher <aplusadmin@aplustutoring.com <ma...@aplustutoring.com> > wrote:

Thanks Hemant. I think that's all good advice. :)

In our case the person was using a laptop with mic, speakers and webcam built-in. So there wasn't an issue of devices not being connected or recognized.

There was a discussion recently about some related issues. I think the best thing is for all new users to use setup link before entering their meeting room. Can be done from the dashboard (see below) or by providing new users with a link like the following:  [ <https://yourhost:5080/openmeetings/hash?swf=settings> https://yourhost:5080/openmeetings/hash?swf=settings].

Thanks! Dan

  <http://t.sidekickopen05.com/e1t/o/5/f18dQhb0S7ks8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9gXrN7sKj6v4LGDdW2zhwS465jsKlN4XyQDdd3_yKW1s2K2M1k1H6H0?si=6292828578119680&pi=f08ccd6a-4882-4945-c4f9-55785a65c4d0&ti=null>

On Sat, Jul 21, 2018 at 8:24 AM, Daniel Ascher <aplusadmin@aplustutoring.com <ma...@aplustutoring.com> > wrote:

I saw the same issue yesterday with someone using a Macbook Air.  <http://t.sidekickopen05.com/e1t/o/5/f18dQhb0S7ks8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9gXrN7sKj6v4LGDdW2zhwS465jsKlN4XyQDdd3_yKW1s2K2M1k1H6H0?si=6292828578119680&pi=ff0d01fd-44b0-4cb5-83cd-2f0a8eb8ac35&ti=null>

On Sat, Jul 21, 2018 at 8:19 AM, Ludovic MESSINGER <ludm@laposte.net <ma...@laposte.net> > wrote:

[...]

---
https://www.avg.com

Re: Device list problem

Posted by Daniel Ascher <ap...@aplustutoring.com>.
Sounds great! Thanks Maxim.

Re: Device list problem

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello All,

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Device list problem

Posted by Daniel Ascher <ap...@aplustutoring.com>.

RE: Device list problem

Posted by "Coscend@OM" <OM...@Coscend.com>.
Dear Ludovic and Dan,

The dropdown device list remains blank when the browser cannot connect to the active device drivers in the OS properly before loading the page.

Solution to this issue:

·         Reload the browser.

·         Restart the computer.

Better solution:  Connect the mic, speaker and webcam to the computer before turning on the power of the computer.  This issue will not occur.

Re: Device list problem

Posted by Daniel Ascher <ap...@aplustutoring.com>.