Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2012/01/17 05:58:18 UTC

ANN: The fifth hbase 0.92.0 release candidate is available for download

The fifth hbase 0.92.0 release candidate is available for download:

 http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.92.0-candidate-4/

I've posted a secure and an insecure tarball built by jenkins.

This RC bundles hadoop 1.0.0 and zookeeper 3.4.2.

As said previous, HBase 0.92.0 includes a boat-load of new features
including coprocessors, security, a new (self-migrating) file format,
distributed log splitting, etc.  There's been > 670 fixes since 0.90.
See the list here: http://su.pr/1VZzl5

See the hbase manual for the low-down on what hadoop version this
release will run on: http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hadoop

There is no migration necessary.  A shutdown and restart after putting
in place the new HBase should be all thats involved (A rolling restart
from 0.90.x to 0.92.0 will not work).  That said, once you have moved
to 0.92.x, there is no going back to 0.90.x after the transition has
been made.

Should we release this candidate as hbase 0.92.0?  Vote +1/-1.  Lets
make this evaluation period short since RC3 almost made it and this
RC differs but little. Lets say the vote closes Friday, January 20th, 2012.

Yours,
The HBasistas

Re: ANN: The fifth hbase 0.92.0 release candidate is available for download

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Stack for this new RC.

Side note:
Benoit has updated https://github.com/stumbleupon/asynchbase so that
opentsdb can be used to monitor 0.92 RC4.

Cheers

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
+1. I have been running a small 0.92.0 on top of a build off of the HA
HDFS branch (HDFS-1623 from tip of SVN and a bit ahead of that). Seems
to work pretty well, though I have only tested a limited subset of
HBase operations (50/50 read/update YCSB split plus a number of log
splitting operations)

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera

Re: ANN: The fifth hbase 0.92.0 release candidate is available for download

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 8:58 PM, Stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:

> The fifth hbase 0.92.0 release candidate is available for download:
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.92.0-candidate-4/

With 3 +1s and no -1s, vote passes.  I'll push out RC4 as 0.92.0.
St.Ack

Re: ANN: The fifth hbase 0.92.0 release candidate is available for download

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
+1, I did a lot of performance testing and tried to kill my RSs in
horrible and OOMEing ways but it keeps running.

J-D