Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kevin Osborn <ke...@cbsinteractive.com> on 2012/03/30 01:48:52 UTC

Constant Score queries in functions

I am using the function query as part of an frange.

So, something like this: q=productId:[* TO *] fq={!frange
l=1}ceil(query(!v='documentType:(blah1 blah2 blah3)'))

This is actually quite slow. I suspect that the problem is the query
function is calculating a score for every document in the index. Of course,
I don't actually care about this score. I just want to know if it matches
or not. (I can't actually just make it a separate filter because it is
actually part of a bigger function string.)

Is there anyway to force it to use contstant scoring like a range would? It
is not a range, but that is the type of scoring I want. I suspect that
would make it much faster, but am not sure if that is possible. Thanks.

--
KEVIN OSBORN
LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER