Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Michal Medvecky <me...@pexe.so> on 2016/07/18 19:34:05 UTC

Cache of region boundaries are out of date.

Hello,

I have ~1B table and trying to select some columns. I get this exception:

java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.phoenix.schema.StaleRegionBoundaryCacheException: ERROR 1108
(XCL08): Cache of region boundaries are out of date.
        at sqlline.IncrementalRows.hasNext(IncrementalRows.java:73)
        at sqlline.TableOutputFormat.print(TableOutputFormat.java:33)
        at sqlline.SqlLine.print(SqlLine.java:1653)
        at sqlline.Commands.execute(Commands.java:833)
        at sqlline.Commands.sql(Commands.java:732)
        at sqlline.SqlLine.dispatch(SqlLine.java:808)
        at sqlline.SqlLine.begin(SqlLine.java:681)
        at sqlline.SqlLine.start(SqlLine.java:398)
        at sqlline.SqlLine.main(SqlLine.java:292)

I tried DELETE FROM SYSTEM.STATS WHERE PHYSICAL_NAME='MEDIA';

but did not help.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Michal

Re: Cache of region boundaries are out of date.

Posted by Michal Medvecky <me...@pexe.so>.
On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 9:47 PM, iain wright <ia...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That caching mechanism is in the phoenix world, you may want to cross post
> on their list: https://phoenix.apache.org/mailing_list.html

Yep, sorry I picked up the wrong one.

M.

Re: Cache of region boundaries are out of date.

Posted by iain wright <ia...@gmail.com>.
That caching mechanism is in the phoenix world, you may want to cross post
on their list: https://phoenix.apache.org/mailing_list.html

Based on this PHOENIX-2599
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-2599>, there may be
a SKIP_REGION_BOUNDARY_CHECK flag available in 4.7, but you'll likely want
to hash out this problem and confirm it before forcing the skip

Be sure to drop them the version info for your stack, frequency of the
problem, if you can reproduce consistently, when it started, etc.

--
Iain Wright

This email message is confidential, intended only for the recipient(s)
named above and may contain information that is privileged, exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, do
not disclose or disseminate the message to anyone except the intended
recipient. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named
recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender by return email, and
delete all copies of this message.