Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org> on 2018/03/13 06:23:54 UTC

[VOTE] Struts 2.5.16

The Apache Struts 2.5.16 test build is now available. With this
release the following issues were addressed:

Bug

[WW-4546] - unclosed instantiation of PrintWriter
[WW-4741] - Http Sessions forcefully created for all requests using
I18nInterceptor with default Storage value.
[WW-4873] - NotSerializableException -
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.StrutsRequestWrapper
[WW-4900] - NotSerializableException:
com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl$ConstructorInjector when
using ExecuteAndWait interceptor
[WW-4901] - ClassCastException in JarEntryRevision
[WW-4903] - Dependency Mapping Exception When Using
PrefixBasedActionProxyFactory
[WW-4906] - The converter() method of
com.opensymphony.xwork2.conversion.annotations.TypeConversion is now
deprecated. If this method is removed in some next release, it will
forbid to describe a converter by the name (id) of a Spring bean.
[WW-4908] - Conversion by annotation does not work
[WW-4909] - List of Boolean is not populated in Action class
[WW-4911] - JSONResult exception in struts2-json-plugin-2.5.14.1.jar
[WW-4918] - buttons with name="method:METHODNAME" sometimes ignore
global-allowed-methods defined in struts.xml
[WW-4920] - Could not create JarEntryRevision for [zip:C:/.... unknown
protocol c
[WW-4921] - NPE in I18nInterceptor$SessionLocaleHandler.read
[WW-4923] - JasperReportResult: NPE When Not Using SQL Connection

New Feature

[WW-4907] - support JSR 303 Validation Groups in BeanValidation-Plugin

Improvement

[WW-4891] - Debug tag should not display anything when not in dev mode
[WW-4905] - Allow using of Initializable interface on an implementation level
[WW-4912] - Allowed methods inheritance
[WW-4922] - Allow use Jackson XML bindings to serialise / deserialise XML

Task

[WW-4913] - when using an custom array as a filed in struts 2 action
form textfiled data from jsp page in not populating into custom array
but populating in String array or array list

Dependency

[WW-4899] - Upgrade Spring to version 4.3.13
[WW-4914] - Update Log4j2 to 2.10.0

Release notes:
* https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Version+Notes+2.5.16

Maven 2 staging repository:
* https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/

Once you have had a chance to review the test build, please respond
with a vote on its quality:

[ ] Leave at test build
[ ] Alpha
[ ] Beta
[ ] General Availability (GA)

Everyone who has tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC
members are considered binding. A vote passes if there are at least
three binding +1s and more +1s than -1s.

The vote will remain open for at least 72 hours, longer upon request.
A vote can be amended at any time to upgrade or downgrade the quality
of the release based on future experience. If an initial vote
designates the build as "Beta", the release will be submitted for
mirroring and announced to the user list. Once released as a public
beta, subsequent quality votes on a build may be held on the user
list.

As always, the act of voting carries certain obligations. A binding
vote not only states an opinion, but means that the voter is agreeing
to help do the work.

Kind regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.5.16

Posted by Yasser Zamani <ya...@apache.org>.

On 3/13/2018 9:53 AM, Lukasz Lenart wrote:
> Once you have had a chance to review the test build, please respond
> with a vote on its quality:
>
> [ ] Leave at test build
> [ ] Alpha
> [ ] Beta