Posted to commits@cassandra.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/09/11 22:47:58 UTC

[Cassandra Wiki] Update of "FAQ" by EricEvans

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Cassandra Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by EricEvans:
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FAQ

The comment on the change is:
link question to toc

   * [#cant_listen_on_ip_any Why can't I make Cassandra listen on 0.0.0.0 (all my addresses)?]
   * [#slows_down_after_lotso_inserts Why does Cassandra slow down after doing a lot of inserts?]
+  * [#existing_data_when_adding_new_nodes What happens to existing data in my cluster when I add new nodes?]

  [[Anchor(cant_listen_on_ip_any)]]
  == Why can't I make Cassandra listen on 0.0.0.0 (all my addresses)? ==
@@ -21, +22 @@

  You can increase the amount of memory the JVM uses, or decrease the insert threshold before Cassandra flushes its memtables.  See MemtableThresholds for details.

+ [[Anchor(existing_data_when_adding_new_nodes)]]
  == What happens to existing data in my cluster when I add new nodes? ==

  Start the new nodes with the -b [bootstrap] option and it will contact other nodes in the cluster to move the right data to it.