Posted to bluesky-dev@incubator.apache.org by SamuelKevin <lo...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/10 10:03:08 UTC

testing to replace gtk with QT

hi, all:
     My intern gonna be ended in several days so i had some time test the
cost of replace gtk with QT. I've been sick of the redudant files Anjuta
generated and the confusing Makefile. Since QT is also LGPLed and well
supported, so why not.
     It cost me less than 1 hour to do the test. I migrate TServer with only
a simple QT interface without signal/slot with corresponding actions. But
the server does start. And only 1 or 2 Makefile/config file were generated.
Will continue my work after i go back to my lab.
regards,
Kevin

http://incubator.apache.org/bluesky/

Re: testing to replace gtk with QT

Posted by SamuelKevin <lo...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Chen Liu:
     If you are interested our project. i suggest you visit:

   1. http://incubator.apache.org/projects/bluesky.html  project status page
   2. http://incubator.apache.org/bluesky/  spare a few minutes to know
   what's about the project
   3. http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/bluesky/  you can try to run
   RealClass by checking out the source code
   4. http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BLUESKY  hand in bugs you meet or
   ideas you want RealClass to improve

    thanks,
regards,
Kevin

Posted by Chen Liu <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by SamuelKevin <lo...@gmail.com>.
Hi, all:
    I've been back  from intern. And i tested Tserver which i've migrated to
QT, it works fine. It seems like the migration cost little while the cost of
transplant、maintanace  is greatly reduced. I will try to migrate other
component sequently to see whether my assumption is true.
regards,
Kevin