Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Hovan Akelian <ho...@gotocme.com> on 2013/05/10 12:25:34 UTC

OOM caused by OpenJPA

Hello All,

We are facing an issue related to OutOfMemoryError exception appearing
intermittently.

We installed a HeapDump analyzer to track the cause of the issue. The
following screen appeared after choosing the dump file that we want to
analyze:

The analyzer suspected a leak in
/org/apache/openjpa/persistence/EntityManagerFactoryImpl  caused by openjpa
internal implementation. Could this be the possible cause of our issue? If
so, any suggestion on how to solve this issue?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Hovan Akelian

Re: OOM caused by OpenJPA

Posted by Rick Curtis <cu...@gmail.com>.
Hovan --

The problem is that your application is creating EntityManagerFactories,
but they are never getting closed. When you are done using an
EntityManagerFactory, be sure to call .close() on it.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Rick

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 1:52 AM, hovan.akelian
<ho...@hotmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Rick,
>
>   We installed the heap dump analyzer to track the cause of this issue and
> the following screen under this  link
> <
> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1m1p5AdIoFQRnkW38WcO4l7zVOYQubBIymXmoT6sKZP8/edit
> >
> appeared after choosing the heapdump file.
>
> The analyzer suspected a leak in
> /org/apache/openjpa/persistence/EntityManagerFactoryImpl caused by openjpa
> internal implementation.
>
> Regards,
> Hovan

*Rick Curtis*

Re: OOM caused by OpenJPA

Re: OOM caused by OpenJPA

Posted by Rick Curtis <cu...@gmail.com>.
Did you do any sort of leak analysis? If so, what appears to be the
problem? Can you post the heapdump somewhere?

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 8:28 AM, hovan.akelian
<ho...@hotmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Rick,
>
> Thank you for your reply. Here is the link for our persistence.xml file:
>
> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1m1p5AdIoFQRnkW38WcO4l7zVOYQubBIymXmoT6sKZP8/edit?usp=drive_web
>
> Thanks,
> Hovan

*Rick Curtis*