Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Melissa Marquis <mm...@empactsolutions.com> on 2003/05/06 18:03:24 UTC

cvs problem - characters around the executable and arguments are not part of command

Hi all,

I have a standard looking cvs target:

<target name="fetch" depends="prepare" description="Get latest code updates from CVS">
    	<cvspass cvsroot="${cvsroot}" password="${repo.pass}"/>
    	<cvs cvsRoot="${cvsroot}" command="update -P -d${cvs.build.dir}" failonerror="true"/>
	</target>

which should update my current code base.   When I run it (used verbose here) I get:

[cvs] Using cvs passfile: c:\Home\PersonalFolders\Melissa Marquis\.cvspass

[cvs] Executing 'cvs' with arguments:
[cvs] '-d:pserver:mmarquis@dcvshost1:/home/empcvs'
[cvs] 'update'
[cvs] '-P'
[cvs] '-d'
[cvs]
[cvs] The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
[cvs] not part of the command.
[cvs]

Has anybody seen this?  I did see a previous thread about this but did not see a solution.

Thanks in advance,
Melissa

Re: cvs problem - characters around the executable and arguments are not part of command

Posted by Jesse Stockall <st...@magma.ca>.
On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 12:03, Melissa Marquis wrote:

> <target name="fetch" depends="prepare" description="Get latest code updates from CVS">
>     	<cvspass cvsroot="${cvsroot}" password="${repo.pass}"/>
>     	<cvs cvsRoot="${cvsroot}" command="update -P -d${cvs.build.dir}" failonerror="true"/>
> 	</target>
>
> which should update my current code base.   When I run it (used verbose here) I get:
>
> [cvs] Using cvs passfile: c:\Home\PersonalFolders\Melissa Marquis\.cvspass
>
> [cvs] Executing 'cvs' with arguments:
> [cvs] '-d:pserver:mmarquis@dcvshost1:/home/empcvs'
> [cvs] 'update'
> [cvs] '-P'
> [cvs] '-d'
> [cvs]
> [cvs] The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
> [cvs] not part of the command.
> [cvs]
>
> Has anybody seen this?  I did see a previous thread about this but did not see a solution.

Seen what exactly?

It looks like normal verbose output to me.

Are there any errors?

--
Jesse Stockall <st...@magma.ca>