Posted to adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org by Qiang Fan <jo...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/21 00:26:40 UTC

Remove maximumLength attribute from inputDate

Hi!

InputDate component has an maximumLength attribute that specifies the
maximum number of characters that can be entered into the edit field.

Unlike inputText, inputDate will always have a converter (if the page does
not specify, it has its default converter). Since the converter in inputDate
can already ensure the maximum length of the string entered, the
maximumLength attribute is not necessary. It should be removed from the API.

Thanks.

John Fan

Re: Remove maximumLength attribute from inputDate

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jeanne Waldman <je...@oracle.com>.
+1

Posted by Piyush Hari <pi...@oracle.com>.
Qiang,

I am wondering where we are with this fix ? Are you planning to remove
maximumLength attribute from inputDate any sooner ?

Regards,
-Piyush

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Well a patch is not mandatory, since open source is volunteer driven, but
that definitely speeds up things ... :)

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh