Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/28 11:45:00 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.12.0

After 5 month of development, we have a new minor release candidate
apache-camel-2.12.0 ready.
It comes with 320 issues resolved: new features, improvements and bug fixes
[1]. You can find the release notes here [2].

Please find the staging repo here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-119/

The tarballs are here
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-119/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/2.12.0/

Tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel.git;a=tag;h=af4c05ec6df0f1d562a8d21d0355678ca3a892d4

Please review, help out with testing and vote to approve this release
binary. Please mention what you tested to prevent duplicate work. Your vote
counts!

[ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 2.12.0
Vote is open for at least 72 hours.

Thanks in advance,
Willem

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20CAMEL%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%222.12.0%22
[2]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12323968&projectId=12311211

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.12.0

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi

FYI, I just deployed the camel osgi related examples within Apache Karaf 2.3.2.
Everything looks good.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
I just used the CHECKSTYLE:OFF / CHECKSTYLE:ON to disable the complain and commit the fix the Apache Camel git repository.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by dhirajsb <dh...@yahoo.com>.
I am working on a fairly simple patch to fix integration test regressions
introduced in the camel-salesforce component due to the checkstyle fixes I
mentioned in CAMEL-6428.

I will submit a pull request on github soon.

Regards,
Dhiraj.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.12.0

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Scott

Well spotted. Logged a ticket to get this fixed

Feel free to submit and unit test based on your source code. I
couldn't grab that as its your copyright :)
But feel free to contribute an unit test that is .. I guess would be
identical to your book source code test. So we can have it tested for
any future regressions.

Posted by Scott Cranton <sc...@cranton.com>.

Posted by Scott Cranton <sc...@cranton.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Ah you are doing it a bit wrong in your createCamelContext.

As you call super.createContext which then creates the Camel and
enlist it in JMX and whatnot. Then after the super you change the JMX
stuff.

What you should do is like we do in
org.apache.camel.management.ManagementTestSupport

from camel-core unit tests. Take a look at that class and then it ought to work.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 2:28 PM, Scott Cranton <sc...@cranton.com> wrote:
> Claus,
>
> It could be left over state, but the odd bit is everything works fine with
> 2.11.1... that one test fails when I tried against 2.12.0.
>
> That unit test is then followed by other JMX unit tests that work, so
> somehow the Platform mbean server is started for later tests; perhaps a
> timing issue...
>
> I'll try to dig into it more...
>
> Are there any hooks such that I can wait till the JMS server is running
> and/or validate its startup state?
>
> Thanks,
> Scott
>

> On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 8:08 AM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Maybe there is some leftover state from previous test. I assume you do
>> not for per test, but run all the tests in the same JVM. Otherwise you
>> can try setting surefire plugin to fork per test. Then the test ought
>> to pass. if so then its likely some leftover state from previous test
>> or something that causes a side-effect.
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Scott Cranton <sc...@cranton.com> wrote:
>> > I should have been clearer that it fails at line 67 of that unit test
>> > against the 2.12.0 release candidate only when you run the full build or
>> > when you build the camel-cookbook-monitoring module.
>> >

>> https://github.com/CamelCookbook/camel-cookbook-examples/blob/master/camel-cookbook-monitoring/src/test/java/org/camelcookbook/monitoring/managed/ManagedSpringTest.java#L67

>> The
>> >>

>> https://github.com/CamelCookbook/camel-cookbook-examples/blob/master/camel-cookbook-monitoring/src/test/java/org/camelcookbook/monitoring/managed/ManagedSpringTest.java

>> MBean
>> disable
>> isolate

>> http://willemjiang.blogspot.com/)

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.12.0

Posted by Scott Cranton <sc...@cranton.com>.
Claus,

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott Cranton <sc...@cranton.com>.

Posted by Scott Cranton <sc...@cranton.com>.

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

AW: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.12.0

Posted by "Jan Matèrne (jhm)" <ap...@materne.de>.

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
The camel-core-test jar  is introduced by camel-disruptor, I will commit a fix for it shortly.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.12.0

Posted by dhirajsb <dh...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Yes, I had submitted a pull request https://github.com/apache/camel/pull/41
for a new Facebook component two days ago.

Thanks,
Dhiraj.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.12.0

Posted by Dev's Old Yahoo <de...@yahoo.com>.
Hello gents,

Do you guys know if there is a pull request for the Facebook component at the top of your head (for the snapshot version I believe) ?

Thanks.
Dev.

Sent from my iPad

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Jon

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Re: [CANCEL][VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.12.0

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Oh, the voting still works.
Please ignore my first vote cancel email.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
What about considering developing in progress work on a branch and only
merge it to a stable branch (master or maintenance) when ready? Using
branches is much easier with git and was one of the reasons to migrate
to git.

My $0.02,
Hadrian

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Willem

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

[CANCEL][VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.12.0

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
OK, I will do the recut this Tuesday or Wednesday.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Yes its cancelled. A new RC is being cut this week.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: [CANCEL][VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.12.0

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
I am a bit confused :-)

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: [CANCEL][VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.12.0

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Claus,

As we are using git, we don't need to remove the camel-2.12.x branch for the recutting.
I'm planing to do a new cut from camel-2.12.x branch and I should remove the old camel-2.12.0 tag before cutting a new version of camel-2.12.0.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com