Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Martin Scheffler <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/23 10:19:24 UTC

Documenting node structure

Hi all,

I would like to ask how you people document your node structures. There
seems to be no way to add comments to nodes, so I guess documentation has
to be external, right?
Is there some good formalism for that?
I would like to write a document where I describe which nodes are created
where under what circumstances etc.

Cheers,
Martin

Re: Documenting node structure

Posted by Luke Stephenson <lu...@gmail.com>.
Could you expose an API over zookeeper which reflects the reasons you are
storing data at a particular path? I think that would be nicer than
external documentation. Then the logic exists in one place and can't
diverge from independent documentation.

Luke