Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Banias H <ba...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/06 17:08:32 UTC

Move flow into process group

Hi,

I am still fairly new to Nifi and as my Nifi flow grows, I would like to
create process groups and place some of the flows into them.

Is it possible to move flow into process group without losing its state?

My flow has gone through so many files already. If I save the flow as
template and deploy the flow inside the process group, it will start from
the beginning. I would appreciate if there is a good way to move the flow
and its state into a process group.

Thanks,
BH

Re: Move flow into process group

Posted by Banias H <ba...@gmail.com>.
Thank you so much Matt and Pierre. It really has been a big help. I
appreciate it.

Regards,
BH

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 11:48 AM, Pierre Villard <pierre.villard.fr@gmail.com

Posted by Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>.
Shift obviously :)

Posted by Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Banias,

Posted by dan young <da...@gmail.com>.
Did you try to copy and then paste them?

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Peter,

To move a selection of processors into a group, the selection must be self-contained. That means that any connections into or out of those Processors must also be selected. If you’re not able to group them or move them into an existing group, its means that the selection is not disjoint/self-contained.

Thanks
-Mark

Posted by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>.
BH,

You should be able to select the components in question and dragging and
dropping them into the desired Process Group. You can select the components
by holding down Shift and clicking on each one. Another option is to use a
selection box by clicking and dragging on the canvas. You should see a gray
dotted box drawn. Once you let go, it will automatically select all
components within your box. At that point, you should be able to click on
one of the selected components and drag them all into a Process Group. As
you hover over the Process Group you should see a blue border indicating a
valid drop target.

Matt