Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Paramasivam Srinivasan <sr...@indicus.net> on 2006/11/02 08:52:18 UTC

Re: Announcement: Lucene powering Monster job search index (Beta)

Hi Peter

When I use the CustomHitCollector, it affect the application performance.
Also how you accomplish the grouping the results with out affecting
performance. Also If possible give some code snippet for custome
hitcollector.

TIA

Sri

Posted by Peter Keegan <pe...@gmail.com>.
Paramasivam,

Take a look at Solr, in particular the DocSetHitCollector class. The
collector simply sets a bit in a BitSet, or saves the docIds in an array
(for low hit counts). Solr's BitSet was optimized (by Yonik, I believe) to
be faster than Java's BitSet, so this HitCollector is very fast. This is
essentially what we are doing for counting.

Peter