Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andre Nathan <an...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/10 13:47:05 UTC

[users@httpd] Replacing value of existing environment variables

Hello

Is it possible to replace the value of one of apache's existing environment
variables such as SERVER_ADDR?

I tried both forms below but the didn't work:

Setenv SERVER_ADDR 1.2.3.4
SetenvIf Server_Addr ".?" SERVER_ADDR=1.2.3.4

Is there any other way?

Thanks in advance,
Andre

Re: [users@httpd] Replacing value of existing environment variables [wd-vc]

Posted by Andre Nathan <an...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Bremser, Kurt (AMOS Austria GmbH) <
Kurt.Bremser@allianz.at> wrote:

>  Do you use csh? If not, the setenv won't work, because it is a csh
> builtin command. Use export SERVER_ADDR=1.2.3.4 (sh, ksh, bash builtin
> command) instead.
>  Kurt Bremser

I don't, but the configuration I posted was not in a shell script, it was
inside apache's configuration. Sorry for not being clear about that.

AW: [users@httpd] Replacing value of existing environment variables [wd-vc]

Posted by "Bremser, Kurt (AMOS Austria GmbH)" <Ku...@allianz.at>.
Do you use csh? If not, the setenv won't work, because it is a csh builtin command. Use export SERVER_ADDR=1.2.3.4 (sh, ksh, bash builtin command) instead.
Kurt Bremser
AMOS Austria
Hietzinger Kai 101-105
1130 Wien
+43 59009 80627

Der Geist ist wie ein Fallschirm. Er funktioniert am besten, wenn er ganz offen ist.

Newton was wrong. There is no gravity. The Earth sucks.
________________________________
Is it possible to replace the value of one of apache's existing environment variables such as SERVER_ADDR?

I tried both forms below but the didn't work:

Setenv SERVER_ADDR 1.2.3.4
SetenvIf Server_Addr ".?" SERVER_ADDR=1.2.3.4

Is there any other way?

Thanks in advance,
Andre

AMOS Austria GmbH
1130 Wien, Hietzinger Kai 101-105
FN 365014k, Handelsgericht Wien
UID: ATU 66614737

http://www.allianz.at

Dieses E-Mail und allfaellig daran angeschlossene Anhaenge
enthalten Informationen, die vertraulich und
ausschliesslich fuer den (die) bezeichneten Adressaten
bestimmt sind.
Wenn Sie nicht der genannte Adressat sind, darf dieses
E-Mail samt allfaelliger Anhaenge von Ihnen weder anderen
Personen zugaenglich gemacht noch in anderer Weise
verwertet werden.
Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger sind, bitten
wir Sie, dieses E-Mail und saemtliche angeschlossene
Anhaenge zu loeschen.

Please note: This email and any files transmitted with it is
intended only for the named recipients and may contain
confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose
the contents of this communication to others and notify the
sender immediately. Then please delete the email and any
copies of it. Thank you.

Re: [users@httpd] Replacing value of existing environment variables

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
IIUC Not really possible because of the time in request processing
that these variables are set -- it is after most modules have run,
right before the actual handler.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com