Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Oscar Westra van Holthe - Kind <os...@westravanholthe.nl> on 2023/09/18 07:05:54 UTC

[DISCUSS] Changing the Avro logo (revisited)

Hello everyone,

TL;DR: have a look at the new logo designs at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-3554 and add a comment
describing your favourite shortlist for a vote.

A little over a year ago, Ryan opened a discussion on changing the Avro
logo: https://lists.apache.org/thread/m5w7fmkjnrl8m4hlbw8xhzr4v69xg3ml The
corresponding Jira issue is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-3554.
However, after a few months the discussion became silent.

A little while ago, Emma Kellam revived the issue by adding some designs,
which I think are very good (Thank You!)

Can we have a look, and indicate which ones we like best? We can then pick
the most mentioned versions, and call a vote.

Kind regards,
Oscar

--
✉️ Oscar Westra van Holthe - Kind <op...@apache.org>
🌐 https://github.com/opwvhk/

Re: [DISCUSS] Changing the Avro logo (revisited)

Posted by Ryan Skraba <ry...@skraba.com>.
Already a year :O   I added a comment to the JIRA and thanks again to
Emma Kellam for stepping up here!

We can and should probably add an attribution page to the the Avro
website as part of this work.

All my best, Ryan

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,