Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Ryan Schutt <ry...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/25 20:28:59 UTC

goal to deploy an artifact

While searching the maven plugins for a goal to automatically upload a created
artifact to a repository, I ran across the maven artifact plugin.  This plugin
seems to have the necessary functionality needed for automatically uploading
artifacts, and indeed, I can accomplish what I need if I add this to my
maven.xml:

   <goal name="artifact:deploy">
     <artifact:deploy artifact="${maven.build.dir}/${maven.final.name}.jar"
type="jar" project="${pom}"/>
   </goal>

Is there any reason why such a goal isn't included in the artifact plugin to
being with?  Can we add this goal to the artifact plugin?  I will submit a
patch if people think this is a good idea.

Re: goal to deploy an artifact

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
IF you have a look at jar:deploy, that's exactly what is there :)

Cheers,
Brett