Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Stuart Stephen <st...@talkics.com> on 2003/09/17 13:40:51 UTC

Tomcat on Dual CPU Server

Hi,

I've installed tomcat on a dual CPU redhat linux 9.0 machine and have
noticed that it only uses 1 cpu. How can I make it use both? Is this a linux
thing or a tomcat thing?

Regards,
Stuart Stephen

Re: Tomcat on Dual CPU Server

Posted by Jaco Kroon <jk...@cs.up.ac.za>.
It would either be the JVM, but apps are usually rather ignorant of the
fact that it is running on one or more CPU's, so it's probably linux.  I
would try and determine whether other, multi-threaded, apps only use one
cpu as well, if so, then it is deffinately the OS, if other multi-threaded
apps use both cpu's, then check that you are not perhaps just thinking
that it is using one CPU, remember that if your webapp runs in a single
thread, then it will only use one CPU.

RE: Tomcat on Dual CPU Server

Posted by Stuart Stephen <st...@talkics.com>.
Ahh, I wondered if that was what you meant. I'll have to experiment further.

Thanks.

Posted by Stuart Stephen <st...@talkics.com>.

RE: Tomcat on Dual CPU Server

Posted by Jaco Kroon <jk...@cs.up.ac.za>.

Re: Tomcat on Dual CPU Server

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
You need 2 infinite loops to peg a dual CPU system.

-Tim

Re: Tomcat on Dual CPU Server

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.

RE: Tomcat on Dual CPU Server