Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Chris Ray <ch...@rayjchris.co.uk> on 2010/09/27 15:41:52 UTC

Apache::Template / Apache::Request

Hello, I'm having issues installing Apache::Request which has been asked for
when I tried to build Apache::Template. See below:

chris@debian:~/Apache-Template-2.00_01$ perl Makefile.PL

Warning: prerequisite Apache2::Request 0 not found.

Writing Makefile for Apache::Template

When I try to build Apache::Request (libapreq2-2.12) it appears to complete
but something must not be quite right otherwise Apache::Template would be
able to find it. Also doing instmodsh l doesn't list the module as
installed.

I came across this post and followed the instructions...

http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=791589

I initially wasn't sure what like in the configure script I should have been
editing but if you pass the location of apxs2 as follows that error goes
away:

./configure --with-apache2-apxs=/usr/bin/apxs2

Heres the output during the build process:

chris@debian:~/libapreq2-2.12$ ./configure --with-apache2=/usr/bin/apxs2

perl: 5.10.0 ok

mod_perl2: 2.000004 ok

Apache::Test: 1.31 ok

ExtUtils::MakeMaker: 6.42 ok

ExtUtils::XSBuilder: 0.28 ok

Test::More: 0.72 ok

./configure --enable-perl-glue --with-apache2-apxs="/usr/bin/apxs2"
--with-perl="/usr/bin/perl"

checking for gawk... no

checking for mawk... mawk

checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes

checking for gcc... gcc

checking for suffix of executables...

checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes

checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed

checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E

checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/bin/ld

checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes

checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r

checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B

checking whether ln -s works... yes

checking how to recognise dependent libraries... pass_all

checking for ANSI C header files... yes

checking for sys/types.h... yes

checking for sys/stat.h... yes

checking for stdlib.h... yes

checking for string.h... yes

checking for memory.h... yes

checking for strings.h... yes

checking for inttypes.h... yes

checking for stdint.h... yes

checking for unistd.h... yes

checking dlfcn.h usability... yes

checking dlfcn.h presence... yes

checking for dlfcn.h... yes

checking for g++... no

checking for c++... no

checking for gpp... no

checking for aCC... no

checking for CC... no

checking for cxx... no

checking for cc++... no

checking for cl.exe... no

checking for FCC... no

checking for KCC... no

checking for RCC... no

checking for xlC_r... no

checking for xlC... no

checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no

checking whether g++ accepts -g... no

checking dependency style of g++... none

checking for g77... no

checking for xlf... no

checking for f77... no

checking for frt... no

checking for pgf77... no

checking for cf77... no

checking for fort77... no

checking for fl32... no

checking for af77... no

checking for xlf90... no

checking for f90... no

checking for pgf90... no

checking for pghpf... no

checking for epcf90... no

checking for gfortran... no

checking for g95... no

checking for xlf95... no

checking for f95... no

checking for fort... no

checking for ifort... no

checking for ifc... no

checking for efc... no

checking for pgf95... no

checking for lf95... no

checking for ftn... no

checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... no

checking whether  accepts -g... no

checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 32768

checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok

checking for objdir... .libs

checking for ar... ar

checking for ranlib... ranlib

checking for strip... strip

checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no

checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC

checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes

checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes

checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes

checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared
libraries... yes

checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no

checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so

configure: creating libtool

appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool

appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool

checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib

checking whether ln -s works... yes

checking for /usr/bin/apr-1-config... yes

checking for /usr/bin/apu-1-config... yes

checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl

checking for ExtUtils::XSBuilder... yes

checking for mod_perl2... yes

checking for Apache::Test... yes

checking for ExtUtils::MakeMaker... yes

  setting APR_INCLUDES to " -I/usr/include/apr-1.0 "

  adding "-I/usr/include/postgresql" to APR_INCLUDES

  adding "-I/usr/include/mysql" to APR_INCLUDES

  setting APR_LTFLAGS to " /usr/lib/libapr-1.la"

  adding "/usr/lib/libaprutil-1.la" to APR_LTFLAGS

  setting APR_LIBS to " -luuid -lrt -lcrypt -lpthread -ldl"

  setting APR_LDFLAGS to " -L/usr/lib -laprutil-1 "

  adding "-lapr-1" to APR_LDFLAGS

  setting CPPFLAGS to " -DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE"

libapreq2 Version: 2.7.1

configure: creating ./config.status

config.status: creating Makefile

config.status: WARNING:  Makefile.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir
setting

config.status: creating include/Makefile

config.status: WARNING:  include/Makefile.in seems to ignore the
--datarootdir setting

config.status: creating library/Makefile

config.status: WARNING:  library/Makefile.in seems to ignore the
--datarootdir setting

config.status: creating library/t/Makefile

config.status: WARNING:  library/t/Makefile.in seems to ignore the
--datarootdir setting

config.status: creating module/Makefile

config.status: WARNING:  module/Makefile.in seems to ignore the
--datarootdir setting

config.status: creating module/apache2/Makefile

config.status: WARNING:  module/apache2/Makefile.in seems to ignore the
--datarootdir setting

config.status: creating glue/Makefile

config.status: WARNING:  glue/Makefile.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir
setting

config.status: creating build/doxygen.conf

config.status: creating include/groups.dox

config.status: creating apreq2-config

config.status: creating include/apreq_config.h

config.status: include/apreq_config.h is unchanged

Any help on this would be gratefully received!

Regards Chris

Re: Apache::Template / Apache::Request

Posted by Vincent Veyron <vv...@wanadoo.fr>.
Le lundi 27 septembre 2010 à 14:41 +0100, Chris Ray a écrit :

> I initially wasn't sure what like in the configure script I should
> have been editing but if you pass the location of apxs2 as follows
> that error goes away:
>

> ./configure --with-apache2-apxs=/usr/bin/apxs2

It's not clear what error you are talking about?

Anyhow, I just meant to mention that, in order to install
Apache::Request on a non-standard installation of Apache, I had to use
this :

/home/perl/5.10/bin/perl Makefile.PL
--with-apache2-apxs=/home/httpd/2.2/bin/apxs
--with-expat=/home/httpd/2.2/

before running make.

--
Vincent Veyron
http://marica.fr/

Re: Apache::Template / Apache::Request

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
Hi Chris,

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Chris Ray <ch...@rayjchris.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello, I'm having issues installing Apache::Request which has been asked for
> when I tried to build Apache::Template.

My recommendation at this point would be to stop using
Apache::Template.  It's not maintained anymore, and I don't think
anyone is using it with mod_perl 2.  It's pretty simple to write a
basic handler that runs templates, or you could take over
Apache::Template if you like, but I think the extra stuff in
Apache::Template that adds directives to httpd.conf is probably more
trouble than it's worth.

- Perrin